How Gutters Work: Gutters are designed to remove water away from the base of your home with the help of downpipes. In order for gutters to be effective, them and downpipes must be clear of all debris so water can flow to the bottom of your home.
Gutters must also be properly pitched, or angled, toward the downpipes to help the flow of water. If not this can cause the water to damage your guttering.
Signs Your Gutters Need Repair
Good signs to look out for if your gutters are not working properly. You may be able to detect whether your gutters are broken by looking for these signs of damage:
- Clogged Gutters – If you spot debris piling in your gutters, water stains running down your home, or your gutters pulling away from the fascia, you likely have clogged gutters.
- Not Pitched Correctly – If water sits stagnant in your gutters, they lay too flat. If the water overshoots the gutters completely, they’re angled too steeply to hold water.
- Leaking Gutters – If you spot water dripping from your gutter system, you may have leaking gutter joints or holes from wear and tear.
- Sagging Guttering – If your gutters appear to be sagging, they’re likely pulling away from your fascia and soffit. This can be caused by the heavy weight of debris, or too few gutter hangers.
Notice Your Gutters Like This?
So first of, don’t panic! You’ll need to Get a free, no-obligation quote. You get one when you call us on 085 808 3992. Your next option is to fill out our Get a Free Quote Form here and then we’ll contact you back within a few minutes.
What Damage Do Gutters Prevent?
When water is not diverted properly away from your house through your gutter system, it can have major consequences. Clogged and damaged gutters can impact your entire house or commercial property resulting in serious damages like:
- Rotting Your Fascia & Soffit
- Flooding Of Your Driveway
- Mold & Mildew Growth
- Attic Conversion Flooding
- Landscape and Garden Flooding
- Home Foundation Issues
- Insects & Pest Infestation
- Roof Damages
Cleaning Your Own Gutters Isn’t Enough
Let’s face it – gutter cleaning is a dirty, time-consuming task that everyone hates to do. That’s why cleaning gutters yourself is only a temporary solution.
A simple gutter cleaning once or twice a year may not solve all of the problems that could be hidden from view.
That’s where we at Leinster Guttering come in! We have a specialist eye to all the unseen issues that come with broken, failing gutters.
Get in touch with us today and speak to the real professionals in Ireland!